#RPGaDay2015 Day 10 - Favorite RPG Publisher

I seem completely unable to give an absolute straight answer on these posts. But that's ok, as they do seem to have me writing a heck of a lot more than I had been...

If I were forced to pick one I'd probably go with Evil Hat Publishing. They've produced some great games, have fantastic customer service, and seem to be just good all-around people. They don't produce a ton of products but at the same time they seem to have found a way to determine what it is they're able to take on and deliver on that.

Who else do I like?

Chaosium produces my favorite RPG, Call of Cthulhu. If their new management irons out some of their problems, they'd be tied or ahead of Evil Hat. (i.e. delivery of Cthulhu 7th Edition physical books, finally realizing Pulp Cthulhu). I'm cautiously optimistic on this front.

It's hard for me not to like Cubicle 7. They've put out a ton of games that are on my list of "I really really wanna play" - Doctor Who, The One Ring, Lone Wolf, The Laundry. I've supported a number of Cubicle 7 Kickstarters and have been pleased with the result of all of them.

Similarly Pelgrane Press has produced some rather interesting games. Trail of Cthulhu is the other game engine I'd consider using for some Mythos action and I've been greatly enjoying their recent Dracula Dossier. Another publisher in the Mythos is Arc Dream Publishing, current publishers of the Delta Green supplements and fiction. They also produced the Godlike and Wild Talents games, giving a very interesting take on superheroes.
I'd like to also throw out an extremely small press publisher, Sine Nomine Publishing, which is basically Kevin Crawford. He's put out games like Stars Without Number, Spears of the Dawn, etc. Like I've mentioned in the past, his games and supplements just scream "play me!". Moreover, he runs the most boring Kickstarters I've ever seen - and I mean that as a supreme compliment. Here's the date, here's what I'm promising, no insane stretch goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jules Verne Translations That Don't Stink

Stepping Away and a New Beginning

RPG Review: Fate Accelerated

Using the Force in D6 Star Wars

Developing Boston for 1920s Call of Cthulhu