#RPGaDay2015 Day 27 - Favorite Idea for Merging Two Games Into One

A few days ago I'd mentioned how my perfect game would be some variation of Pendragon, adapted for a setting I preferred over Arthurian.

When I wrote that I was thinking how very much I'd love to see some variant of Pendragon used for playing in the setting of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. The passions and traits rules are perfect for modeling the interesting yet flawed characters of the setting - Ned Stark's stubborn honesty, Tyrion's inability to keep his mouth shut, etc. Moreover the system for large-scale battles, managing houses, etc. would fit the setting very well.

I'd also not throw out Green Ronin's effort in their Song of Ice and Fire RPG. The house creation rules are very appropriate to their setting, with the possibility that all characters are part of the same house as opposed to Pendragon's default assumption of each character being a landed knight.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jules Verne Translations That Don't Stink

Stepping Away and a New Beginning

RPG Review: Fate Accelerated

Using the Force in D6 Star Wars

Developing Boston for 1920s Call of Cthulhu